20070610

Warning! Stay away from Michael's...

If you know me, you know that I have been true to Stampin' Up! for 7 years. It started every so slowly (Cuttlebug), and now I am a full fledged cheater of mega proportions! First off, the Cuttlebug. If you don't have one... WHAT are you THINKING?! Get thee to a store and purchase one immediately! What goodness... what joy.... I don't even think it is legal in this country to papercraft without one. So innocently enough, I went to Michael's today to find a few more Cuttlebug items I don't already own. It's been a long time since I've let my eyes wander in the paper aisle. Oh my.... See those 2 cute boxes? Pre-printed notecards and envies. But think Double sided patterned cardstock premade into cards, just waiting to be embellished. Oh yea! Those tablets in the front? Same thing, a little smaller, scored and waiting to become cards! What else jumped into my cart? A mega and giga scalloped square punch. They didn't have the round ones or those would be in the picture too! And I really wanted a little bling. Stickles. Since we have NO real scrapbooking stores in my area, and thanks to my dd's genius, I bought these blingy snowflakes and can cut the tiny individual crystals off and stick them to my projects. Yippee!!! My first bling!
So I sat down and made this. It is for our Youth leader at church who just got back from an entire week of camp with our teens. This one is all Stampin' Up! with the exception of the bling that you can't really see in the center of the flowers. This is from the hostess Simply Scrappin' Kit and dang is it cute! The little circles are supposed to say "life is good", but I used both sets and made it "God is good". Ha! One point for me!

Next is a thank you card to go with the book. This is one of the pre-made cards. I stamped and cut and dimensionaled this flower from Big Blooms. I word windowed and stamped "grateful". It really is lined up right, the picture angle just stinks. Presto! Easy, cute card! I think I'm in heaven! Can't wait to see what else I can do with these printed cards.

No comments: