20070613

Sneak Preview!

Boy oh boy! Come July 1st be prepared to part with ALL your money. Right this minute, I'm trying to think of what I can sell to get some cash. My friend Linda came over with all her new Stampin' Up! sneak preview loot. I think I'm more excited about this new catalog than I have been in 7 years! First card: a set called "Zoofari". Very cute line art with a rhino, zebra, monkey, snake and 3 birds. Each one cuter than the next. I don't even enjoy watercoloring, but I could be crossing over to the dark side! On the card above I used Certainly Celery, Palette O' Prints in Celery (which will be available in the new catalog as 12x12 double sided paper) the word winow punch, Regal Rose card stock, White Grosgrain ribbon. The words are from one of 2 new word sets (forgive me I don't know the name).
This may be one of my all time favorite cards ever. Linda helped me a lot with this one! It started with the ribbon which I got on sale at Michaels last week. It is from American Elements. Linda noticed that it had the new Stampin' Up! color Sky Blue in it. I used Sky Blue to color the middle bird with a blender pen. The other 2 birds are Cranberry. The flower is Pumpkin Pie and the stem is True Thyme. I put a rhinestone sticker in the center of the flower. I used the slot punch to make the scalloped border at the bottom. And of course I used my new very favorite tool... The Cuttlebug! It is the swirl embossing folder. You just have got to get one of these.
Next up is Baroque Motifs. This set is so elegant! It takes little effort to make a fabulous card! It comes with the words kind and cherish. The swirly stamp is large and to die for. These are new SU colors too. Sky Blue (the lighter color-I would call it Aqua) and the darker blue is Bayou Blue (or is it Blue Bayou-I'm not sure). I stamped the 2 images, cut them out, crumpled them up and then layered them with a silver brad.

Start saving those pennies now! I know I'm in deep trouble. The catalog is not even out yet and I've got a very long wish list. Yikes!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: