20070610

My Creative Spot

Let's start this post with some honesty. The real reason I have this space is for my embroidery business, Shelly's Stitches. But, my embroidery machine and supplies don't take up the whole space, so why not use it as a creative space. My friend Linda recently redid her stamp room and used slatwall. I loved, loved, loved it. And when you consider the cost of "craft storage" and slatwall, the slatwall is much less and much more flexible! So of course with Linda's help, I decided it was the perfect solution for me. This first shelf is actually on my embroidery wall. I let some of my projects spill over into the embroidery area. Would you want to know that your embroiderer has a creative side? I would.
These cabinets are to the right as you come in the door. They hold scrapbooks waiting to be completed, things crying out to be stamped, envelopes, a rubicoil, xyrons and way to much more to be listed. On top are my inks and background stamps.
This is creation central. Everything is here at my fingertips and begging to be used. The wire chicken sculpture at the top is my favorite thing! I fell madly in love with it at Joann's and decided it would become the shop mascot. Besides, it was half off! Look at my Primas and all my Making Memories Paints! It's heaven I tell ya!
I backed up a little for this shot so you could get the full effect. Aren't the table skirts pretty? Thanks again to Linda. I found the curtain fabric (picture below) at Joann's but couldn't find a coordinating fabric. I almost settled for something horrible, but Linda wouldn't let me! Thank God right now if you have a friend like that! She spotted this striped gem in another store and it coordinates perfectly. The walls are Cool Carribbean (darn I'm gonna miss it!).
This is a truly terrible picture of the curtains. They look flowery in this shot, but they are circles made of little dots in the same colors as the table skirts.

I love this spot so much that often when I'm anywhere else I'm wishing I was here. Hopefully we can stamp together here soon!

No comments: